Click to Home
Go To Search
Email pagePrint page
Burn permits are required in order to burn in the Town limits. Cooking in appliances designated for burning (such as a grill or barbecue pit) is allowed without a permit. Burning may take place on any day that the Denton County Emergency Services controlled burn log is consulted by the permit holder to confirm it is a burn day.

  • To determine if a controlled burn is permitted contact the Denton County Fire Marshall at (940) 349-2840 or visit the Denton County Fire Marshall's website
  • Applicants must register with the Denton County Emergency Controlled Burn Log or call (940) 349-2840.
  • A controlled burn shall not be kindled with flammable material
  • No person shall kindle any type of controlled burn less than 50 feet away from any structure
  • A garden hose and water supply or other fire extinguishing equipment shall be on hand and a competent person shall be in attendance until all fire has been extinguished
  • Applicants for such controlled burn permit must be in legal control of the lot or parcel of land on which the burn is to be done.

Anyone wishing to burn within the Town of Shady Shores should request a burn permit by completing the online Burn Permit Application or come to the Town Hall located at 101 S. Shady Shores Rd. 

Burn permits may be issued through the website or at the Shady Shores Community Center and are valid until the last day of the month in which they are issued.

Any outdoor burning without the proper permit may result in a citation being issued. If you have questions about the permitting process please contact the town staff at 940-498-0044.