The Town of Shady Shores has entered a contract with Community Waste Disposal (CWD) for the collection of Solid Waste and Recycling Services. Here are a few important reminders. CWD has provided a brochure to assist you with questions you may have during this time.
TRASH PICK UP DAY
- Wednesday is the day; the service runs from 7 am to 7 pm so be sure to have your carts at the curb by 7 am.
- All trash must be placed in bags inside the gray 95-gallon trash cart
- Handles should be placed toward the street
- CWD will pick up unlimited tied and bundled brush in 4’ lengths
- Loose brush and bulk collection is limited to five (5) cubic yards per week
- Toys and Yard Tools tagged as bulk item
- Bundled carpet in 4’ lengths
- Fence panels no larger than 4’X6’
- Washing Machines, Dryers, Water Heaters & Kitchen Appliances
- Refrigerators/Freezers (Must be tagged certifying removal of refrigerants)
- Unacceptable items include:
- Commercial Construction and Debris
- Remodeling Debris
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Tires Batteries and Propane Tanks
- Additional Trash Bags
- Un-containerized debris
- GUIDELINES FOR LOOSE BRUSH PICK-UP
1. All limbs should be placed with trunks parallel to the street, not blocking the sidewalk.
2. Limbs should not be greater than six (6)” in diameter weigh no more than 50 lbs or be longer than 10’
- All recycling items must be placed in the blue 95 gallon recycle cart
- An exception is cardboard will be accepted outside the cart if it is tied and bundled.
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS INCLUDE
- Aluminum, steel, and tin containers
- Plastic containers #1, #5 and #7- no Styrofoam
- Corrugated cardboard and box board
- Mixed paper
- Glass bottles and containers
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE/E-WASTE ON- DEMAND COLLECTION PROGRAM
In addition to weekly trash and recycling your quarterly bill includes Household Hazardous Waste/E-Waste on Demand collection to dispose of your hazardous waste.
- Call CWD 972-392-9300
- CWD will mail a collection kit
- HHW is collected once per month
- Place your HHW or Electronic Waste at your collection area to be picked up by CWD
Accounts are billed on a quarterly basis one month in advance. The regular rate for service is $56.34. There is a discounted rate for seniors (65 and over) of $51.48. Payments may be made by check, cash or money order. We also offer electronic payments. Credit or debit cards will be accepted however a convenience charge will apply.
application for service