The Great American Clean-up is an ongoing national yearly event, KSSB encourages the Shady Shores community to Spring Clean Shady Shores through a variety of events.
February Theme- Love Where You Live- clean up culverts, roadsides and yards.
March -Keep Texas Waterways Clean- March 9 (see below for more details)
April- Don't Mess With Texas Trash Off- TBD
April 20 Spring Clean-Arbor Day- Household Hazardous Waste Collection- more details to come follow
May- Trails and Parks- TBD
It's time to clean up our waterways!
Join us on March 9, 2024, from 9:00 am-11:00 am as we clean our major waterways.
Bring your gloves, hiking boots and bright-colored shirts!
Meet at Town Hall, Sign in, and grab your supplies at 9:00 am
Venture to one of two locations- Big Sandy shoreline or South Shady Shores bridges. Cleaning around the South Shady Shores bridges means along the roadway (10-15 feet of edge of pavement)
Trucks/Trailers will be available to haul our collections back to Town Hall.
Come and go, but we will for sure be done by 11:00 am.
Fill out the volunteer release here Volunteer Wavier and Release
Email Katie at email@example.com if you have any questions!
Thank you for helping us keep Shady Shores an ideal lakeside community where life
stay and visit with our community partners:
USACE- water safety, outdoor and trail safety
Lake Cities Take a Plant Leave a Plant
Blue Sky Agriscaping
TX Native Plant Society
Keep Shady Shores Beautiful
** Items are recycled off-site
All Apple products
All cables and cords, power supplies
All internal components
BATTERIES: Cell Phone Battery
Credit card machines
Flash Memory Cards
Ink Jet cartridges
LCD Computer Monitors
SIM Cards/Chipped Security Cards
Surround Sound Consoles
UPS battery backups
Video Game Equipment
Wire - all kinds
Computer Crusher does NOT accept TVs, or CRT Monitors
**Items are shredded onsite
- Paper clips and staples do not need to be removed to be shredded.
- Small Spiral Notebooks are fine.
- Basic and Hanging File folders are fine
- File Folders with thin Aluminum Brads/Fasteners are fine. (Remove the metal strip if equipped)
- Tape Bound Books are fine
- No Plastic based items, to include Sheet Protectors, X-rays, VHS tapes, etc.
- No Hardback Books (Hardbacks should be removed prior to arrival)
- No Spiral Bound Books (Spirals should be removed prior to arrival)
- No Binder Clips, or hard metal items
- No Binders to include 2-ring, 3-ring, etc, Notebooks, etc (Remove paper from these items prior to arrival)
- No Hazardous Substances, any material considered toxic or dangerous, or which is regulated under any federal or state law or regulation relating to hazardous materials.
- No wet or damp paper
The following is ACCEPTED:
Clothing- all types and sizes
Jewelry and Accessories
Household items (bath and kitchen items)
Small home decor
The following is NOT ACCEPTED by Donate 2 Impact:
Used AC/Heating units (will take NEW in box)
Soiled, torn, damaged, or pet-stained furniture
Building materials (bricks, lumber, fence posts, tile, etc)
Hospital beds/adjustable beds
Wet, rusty, or broken items
Tube TV, Tube CRT, and DLP (projection) TV