Social Media Policies
By using this site, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to the following:
Types of Information We Collect
We gather information (for example, your name and address) that you voluntarily supply when you register or initiate transactions or information gathered on usage patterns and preferences as visitors navigate the website, use our services such as e-mail, or read our e-mail newsletters.
Browser Level Information and IP Addresses
Our web server automatically collects limited information about your computer configuration when you visit our website, including the type of browser you use, the operating system you are running, the resolution of your computer monitor, the website that referred you, and your IP address. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers connected to the Internet to identify your computer so that data, such as the web pages you want to view, can be transmitted to you. We use IP address information for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes.
We may occasionally release information about our visitors when release is appropriate to comply with the law, to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors to our sites, the public, our customers, or our government and its employees, agents, partners, and affiliates.
Please remember that our communities are public spaces, so don't post anything you don't want the world to see. Credit card numbers, product keys, and other confidential information, including anything covered under a non-disclosure agreement (NDA), should not be posted to any blogs, discussions, or other public areas.
Town of Shady Shores Mobile App
Town of Shady Shores is using SeeClickFix, an online and mobile service request system, to power its mobile app and reporting forms. SeeClickFix is an application that allows Town of Shady Shores citizens to report non-emergency related issues to the county. SeeClickFix can be used via the Web on a desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, or tablet.
SeeClickFix is a public application. The description entered will be visible to the public. Your display name will also be visible unless you choose to submit as Anonymous. Your email address will never be displayed publicly.
Terms of Service
By using this site, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to the following:
The purpose of our interactive modules is to obtain suggestions, ideas, and feedback to benefit our community. Please avoid personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your interactions. Please make sure that your postings are relevant to the subject at hand. It is normal and expected for some topics to drift from the stated subject. However, to ensure maximum benefit for all of our users, we encourage you to keep your postings as close to the subject as possible. Impersonating a government employee or another user is not allowed. We do not allow behavior or content related to illegal activities. Do not post or promote any materials that could SPAM, harm, or disrupt another user’s computer.
You may not link to any sites that violate the terms and conditions above. We reserve the right to ban any participant at any time that we feel does not comply with an appropriate code of conduct.
The sites are provided on an 'as is' basis without any warranties of any kind, express or implied. This site, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties, including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability, title, non-infringement of third parties’ rights, and fitness for particular purpose. This site makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the sites.
Without limitation on the foregoing:
- This site does not warrant that the sites will operate error-free or that the sites and their servers are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. If your use of the sites results directly or indirectly in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, this site is not responsible for those costs.
- This site makes no representations or guarantees regarding the truthfulness, accuracy, legality, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any documents posted by users, or of any other form of communication engaged in by users. Documents may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. You agree that any reliance on documents posted by users, or on any other form of communication with users, will be at your own risk.
- This site makes no representations or guarantees regarding the content of the sites, including, but not limited to, broken links, inaccuracies or typographical errors.
- This site makes no representations or guarantees regarding the effectiveness of the services or timeliness of the services in meeting your employment objectives. This site does not guarantee that the services will result in candidates being hired, positions being filled or employees being retained, and is not responsible or liable for any business, employment, hiring and/or salary decisions, for whatever reason made, made by you.
Because user authentication on the Internet is difficult, this site cannot and does not confirm that each User is who they claim to be. Because this site does not and cannot be involved in User-to-User dealings or control the behavior of participants on the Sites, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more Users, you release this site from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential and direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Social Media Disclaimer
Welcome to a social media page managed by the Town of Shady Shores. This policy provides guidance for how the Town communicates to employees, residents, visitors, businesses, and various audiences through social media platforms. This site welcomes respectful and appropriate comments and posts. The Town of Shady Shores adopted a Social Media Policy to ensure the proper, effective, and best-informed use of social media platforms by Town of Shady Shores employees and volunteers for work purposes. This policy also provides guiding principles for the use of Town social media accounts. All content, comments, and replies are subject to the Texas Public Information Act and are considered public information under state law, and may be disclosed in response to a request for information from any member of the public.
Comments posted by others to the Town’s social media accounts don’t necessarily reflect the views or position of the Town. “Follows” from a Town social media account does not reflect endorsements. The Town of Shady Shores’ social media accounts are designated/limited forums.
In addition to each social media channel’s Content Code of Conduct, the Town Communications Office reserves the right to use its discretion to enforce the rules contained in this policy. We highly encourage the public to be mindful of the content and comments they post. Any of the following content and comments are subject to being hidden or removed:
- Comments or videos that are not related to the post topic;
- Content that violates the Social Media Platform’s terms of service;
- Information about official Town business that is legally deemed confidential and should not be made public;
- Profane, sexual, pornographic or obscene comments or submissions;
- Discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, political beliefs, or any other form of discrimination directed toward a person, people, or group based on a protected class as per Title VI, Civil Rights Law;
- Attacks on specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten, or abuse an individual;
- Solicitations of commerce and advertisements. This includes the promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency;
- Political advocacy or commentary;
- Comments that suggest or encourage violence, illegal activity, or threaten any person;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party;
- Content that includes personally identifiable information within their comments, including addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses;
- Spam, link baiting or files containing viruses that could damage the operation of other people’s computers or mobile devices; or
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.