TOWN OF SHADY SHORES BUILDING PERMITS
The Town of Shady Shores is committed to providing all current and future citizens quality service related to building and construction. It is our goal to make the permitting process flow smoothly for both the contractor and residents. to request an inspection; pay for your permit or check the status of a permit please contact 940-498-0044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PERMITS ARE REQUIRED FOR THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF CONSTRUCTION:
- New Home Construction
- Swimming Pools
- Hot Water Heater
- On-Site Sewage Facilities
- Sprinkler System
- Accessory Buildings
- Additions and Remodels
- Portable Storage Units
- * Some permits may not be listed. Please check with town staff if you are unsure.
Residents that live in an HOA community should check with their association to determine whether or not a permit requires the approval of the HOA.
- Building Permit Procedures Packet
- Town of Shady Shores Fee Schedule effective October 18, 2021
- Building Permit Application Online
- Building Permit Application (Short Form) - for smaller projects (electrical and plumbing permits, HVAC)
- View and Search the Town of Shady Shores Code of Ordinances
- US Army Corp of Engineers
After the permit is approved, the contractor must schedule the required inspections. To request an inspection, please call (940) 498-0044. All inspection requests must be made through the town office. Inspections may not be scheduled directly with the building inspector. Requests for inspections that are called or requested by 10 a.m. will be scheduled the following business day. Inspections called in after 10 a.m. will be scheduled within 2 business days. Inspections that do not meet the requirements will be issued a red tag and a re-inspection fee of $90 will need to be paid. A green tag left at the construction site indicates approval.